CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Deflated...


This has been a really hard past two weeks for me. It all started three weeks ago when my boss asked me to come into his office... Short Story: the Career Services Director position (the position I was promised last year, by a different Campus Director, and had already been surpassed once) was coming open again. I told him I wanted the position, he asked me if we were moving, I said we were "eventually," he asked me to promise to train my replacement and give him 2 months notice when we move, then he told me that he was going to give me the position if the director did not come back off medical leave.


Fast forward to this week. Monday the current director came to the campus. My boss let her go becasue she could only come back PT. Her FMLA was up, etc. On Monday I patiently wait for my boss to tell me I can go ahead and start transitioning to the Career services department. He doesn't talk to me about it Monday, he actually sits down with me and plans upcoming events for the future...I am really confused at this point and feeling like I am getting mixed messages. Yesterday he goes the whole day without mentioning it. By this time I am convinced he has forgotten that he told me I had the job two weeks earlier. I decided to go in and talk to him before I left last night. Short Story: He had forgotten! He told me I wasn't going to get the job, argued with me about actually ever telling me I had had it. Needless to say I was really disappointed and angry. I really wanted that promotion. Really.


Anyway, the silver lining is that he did promise to change my title to Coordinator of Student Affairs and give me a raise. I do think this will help my career in the long run. I am still bummed that I did not get the director's job. This is the second time I have been surpassed by the same boss for the position... (I think I will get this change in writing, signed and notarized just to be sure he remembers)


I am certain that God has a plan. I am confident that there is a reason I didn't get it. Maybe we will move sooner than we thought. Who knows the reasons. Now I have to remember how to be passionate about my current job again... that is going to be hard...


On a more positive note: I have lost a total of 8lbs and I haven't even been doing this for a month!!! YAY!!!!! Small goal: 15lbs by Thanksgiving, 25 by Christmas, 40 by Jason and Dana's wedding. Keep me in your prayers!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Sorry for the disappointment with the job thing, I know it's disheartening!! As you stated, God knows what He is doing, so keep trusting Him in all circumstances!

Love and Miss you! Big Hugs to you and the family!!
Steph

Jules said...

Well, you saw what happened with me when I was promised that my job was safe and I had no worries. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

God always has our best interests in mind even if they don't seem to agree with what we want in the here and now.

Julie